CSIROCare Black Mountain Early Childhood Centre is an Incorporated Association. It is owned by the parents, governed by a parent management committee and operated by the Director.
Currently we have 26 permanent staff working at the Centre, including the Director and an Assistant Director. There are four room leaders, sixteen of our staff hold a diploma degree in education, two hold a teacher degree and the rest hold certificate 3 in education.
The Parent Management Committee is:
- elected by the parents at the annual general meeting
- the Approved Provider of childcare at the centre
- legally and financially responsible for the centre
- the employer of the staff (but not their supervisor, this is the Director’s role)
- a team that makes decisions by majority vote.